top of page

Group

Public·15 members
Alexander Bailey
Alexander Bailey

The Return Of The Puppet

You can write your own functions in the Puppet language to transform data and construct values. A function can optionally take one or more parameters as arguments. A function returns a calculated value from its final expression.

The Return Of The Puppet

With three arguments, an Annotation type, an object, and a block, the function returns theannotation for the object of the given type, or annotates it with a new annotation initializedfrom the hash returned by the given block when no such annotation exists. The block will notbe called when an annotation of the given type is already present.

With three arguments, the type Pcore, an object, and a Hash of hashes keyed by Annotation types,the function will annotate the given object with all types used as keys in the given hash. Each annotationis initialized with the nested hash for the respective type. The annotated object is returned.

Note that create_resources will filter out parameter values that are undef so that normaldata binding and puppet default value expressions are considered (in that order) for thefinal value of a parameter (just as when setting a parameter to undef in a puppet languageresource declaration).

Determines whether a given class or resource type is defined and returns a Booleanvalue. You can also use defined to determine whether a specific resource is defined,or whether a variable has a value (including undef, as opposed to the variable neverbeing declared or assigned).

If you pass more than one argument to defined, the function returns true if anyof the arguments are defined. You can also match resources by type, allowing you tomatch conditions of different levels of specificity, such as whether a specific resourceis of a specific data type.

This is roughly equivalent to $data['a']['b'][1]['x']. However, a standardindex will return an error and cause catalog compilation failure if any parentof the final key ('x') is undef. The dig function will return undef,rather than failing catalog compilation. This allows you to check if dataexists in a structure without mandating that it always exists.

The hiera function does not find all matches throughout a hierarchy, insteadreturning the first specific value starting at the top of the hierarchy. To searchthroughout a hierarchy, use the hiera_array or hiera_hash functions.

Evaluate a template string and return its value. Seethe templating docs formore information. Note that if multiple template strings are specified, theiroutput is all concatenated and returned as the output of the function.

The returned value is a positive integer indicating the numberof elements in the container; counting (possibly multibyte) characters for a String,bytes in a Binary, number of elements in an Array, and number ofkey-value associations in a Hash.

Uses the Puppet lookup system to retrieve a value for a given key. By default,this returns the first value found (and fails compilation if no values areavailable), but you can configure it to merge multiple values into one, failgracefully, and more.

Puppet lookup uses a hierarchy of data sources, and a given key might havevalues in multiple sources. By default, Puppet returns the first value it finds,but it can also continue searching and merge all the values together.

The returned array contains the entire match at index 0, and each captured group atsubsequent index values. If the value or expression being matched is an array, thefunction returns an array with mapped match results.

This function takes two mandatory arguments: the first is the string to convert, and the second isthe format string. The result of the scan is an array, with each successfully scanned and transformed value.The scanning stops if a scan is unsuccessful, and the scanned result up to that point is returned. If therewas no successful scan, the result is an empty array.

There is probably no American child of the '70s who did not grow up with the creations of Sid and Marty Krofft in some way. With their large puppets, catchy tunes and near-psychedelic surrealism, shows like H.R. Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters and more left their mark on many a Gen-X mind. The '80s were tougher on the puppet masters, what with network deregulation and a lengthy lawsuit against McDonald's, whom they felt ripped them off with the "McDonaldland" characters and commercials. But the brothers hung in there, never selling the library of shows they owned to anybody, and now it's comeback time. On Nickelodeon, they executive produce Mutt & Stuff, a canine-themed show starring Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan and a giant puppet. On iTunes, they have an Electra Woman and Dyna Girl remake, and a new Sigmund and the Sea Monsters pilot debuts today as part of Amazon's new pilot season. Beyond that, they have big-screen plans too: well-aware that the Will Ferrell Land of the Lost movie was a disappointment to fans, they're looking for a way to re-do it correctly.

Marty Krofft: Well, I think at the beginning, my brother--who is older than me--we started as puppeteers. But I was, of course, going to elementary school when he was--I don't know how old he was, 12 or 11.

MK: I think the bottom line is, we're puppeteers. We started with our puppets. Sid was an act that opened for stars like Judy Garland and Liberace, and on and on. And then I joined him at one point during Liberace, and we stayed together ever since. So we took it from an act to a business. So, you know--I contribute a lot creatively, but that's all Sid does. I ran--I still run--the business. So we have survived everybody! We're probably the only company left from the '70s and '80s that do kids shows that are still independent and still operating. Everybody else either died, sold their company, or went bankrupt.

So we decided to do one more. I said, "Sid, let's do one more. You always told me we should do a show with dogs, kids, and puppets." Sid said, "If that misses, it'll never happen." So I went off and found Cesar Millan, who gave me the idea of just doing dogs. And then four years ago, we developed the show. It took four years to get it on at Nickelodeon. Two pilots--one was cancelled. The first one--the show was cancelled. I just kept going.

SK: Everybody loves dogs. Everybody has a dog. Almost everyone. And kids--everybody loves kids. Everybody loves puppets. So we combined all three. You just can't miss. When I was in vaudeville, before Marty even joined me, and I was a puppet act--if there was a dog act on the bill, and a kid act, then we were the show stoppers. The headliner meant nothing.

MK: Well, that deal--we always wanted--first of all, when we were at the World's Fairs, where we had his shows, we wound up with the guy from Six Flags--the guy who owned Six Flags--Angus Wynne. We did a puppet show there in a 1,000 seat theater.

SK: We had shows for 1,000, 1,200 people--nine shows a day--the puppet shows, sponsored by Coca-Cola . We were the number one attraction with 90 rides. Teenagers used to stand in line for four or five hours, waiting to see one of our shows, because it was a trip!

Even the re-introduction of the beloved Yoda (Frank Oz) was not received with the expected applause from a lot of die-hard "Star Wars" fans, even though his characterization in the film was a welcome return to the way Yoda was written in the original trilogy. Whereas the prequels largely ignored Yoda's role as a quirky, wise mentor in favor of giving him over-the-top lightsaber fights, "The Last Jedi" had him return to doling out actual wisdom to his apprentice.

One thing most fans did enjoy, however, was the decision to have Yoda be a puppet again, not the CGI monstrosity he was in the prequels. It was a good decision not just because it served as a return to the visual style of the original trilogy, but because it signaled the movie's priorities for the character. This was a version of Yoda who had a restrained, peaceful relationship with the force, not someone who'd be battling any Sith lords again anytime soon. Much like with "Empire," however, puppet Yoda led to a lot of obstacles behind the scenes.

The point of this was so when they were on set, interacting with Mark Hamill's Luke, they wouldn't be wasting any time. Famously, Mark Hamill had a hard time in 1982 on the set of "Empire Strikes Back" because he was spending so much time trying to act with just a puppet. In normal scenes, interacting with regular human actors, you're able to react to the other actors' lines and facial expressions in real time. With Yoda scenes, however, Hamill had to do the much harder job of convincing us he was talking to an actual living character.

Haruka regains consciousness and transforms into Sailor Uranus. Sailor Neptune tells her to attack the dummy, who is the real puppet master. The dummy tries to run away, but Sailor Uranus fires a World Shaking attack at it, destroying it. As it dies, the hypnotic force controlling the ventriloquist and maid disappears, and the hotel's guests wake up. Later, Haruka stares at a fragment of the dummy, wondering who the new enemy is. Michiru reassures her that the Sailor Team will take care of the world.

The return of the Night of the Living Dead Puppet Show takes place Oct. 29 at the Oriental Theatre on 2230 N. Farwell Ave. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. For ticket reservations, visit Landmark Theatres.com.

A PE Event Forwarding processor for sending data received from the PE Event Forwarding module to Splunk. This data can include the details of Task and Plan executions that were initiated by the Puppet Orchestrator (clicking execute taskplan from the console or puppet command line), or it can be events from rbac, the node classifier, the console, or code-manager. To enable this feature, after the PE Event Forwarding module has been installed, set the events_reporting_enabled parameter on the splunk class to true.

Run puppet apply -e 'notify "hello world": ' --reports=splunk_hec from the Puppet Server, this will load the report processor and test your configuration settings without actually modifying your Puppet Server's running configuration. If you are using the Puppet Report Viewer app in Splunk then you will see the page update with new data. If not, perform a search by the sourcetype you provided with your HEC configuration. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page